Soon I Will Be Invincible

You know, I could have been an evil genius if I wanted to. Just like Dr Impossible in "Soon I Will Be Invincible" by Austin Grossman. I could have had the island, the death rays, the robot army. If only I hadn't sucked so much at High Energy Physics, I too could have had some sort of exotic energy accident and be wearing a cape and mind-control helmet, grinding the world beneath my heel.

I just didn't apply myself to the task. Doctor Impossible never gave up, not after twelve thwarted attempts to take over the world. That's his thing, after all - he's an evil genius, or a sufferer from Malign Hypercognition Disorder to give it the medical term. He battles heroes from all times and places, never once forgetting to taunt them theatrically.

Grossman's love for comic-book superheroes and villains shines through in this book. You can't lampoon a genre so thoroughly without being a fan. If you've ever read a comic, seen one of the marvel films, or just like to wear tights, you'll enjoy this book. Me, I'm using it as a blueprint for my plans to take over the world. You'll rue the day you ever crossed paths with me. You shall all kneel before me, or I will destroy the sun! Mwuhahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running: Trailguru

Too much information

Tidying up