Sun of Suns

My freebooks are backing up, a relentless stream from Tor. I'm now several weeks behind, only just having finished "Sun of Suns" by Karl Schroeder.

This is the first in a seven volume SF saga, which I'm glad I didn't know when I started it, as that would have put me off what was otherwise a corking read. Set in a big balloon world dotted with freefalling islands of rock, miniature fusion plants operating as tiny suns and wooden galleons sailing through the sky, this is big fuck-off display of world-building. There are some great characters, a cracking plot, pirates, sky motorbikes and sidecars, swashbuckling naval heroes, swordfights, post-human AIs and general arse-kickery. Read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too much information

Running: Trailguru

Tidying up